This is my version of the journey God is taking my family on as we continually grow.
Monday, July 18, 2011
The One Thing I Wouldn’t Change/Starting the Day with a Smile
The tritest thing I've heard is that babies change everything. It's probably one of the #1 things people say because, well, it's true. They do. And I knew it would be true, but I didn't know to what extent. I knew it would expand my capacity for love. I'd naturally become a little more selfless, compassionate and patient. These things I expected. I did not expect, however, that I would have to become a morning person. Especially because for the first few weeks, she just slept all day. Then, when she did increase her wake time, it was in the afternoon. It was several weeks in before she started the 6am wake-up routine. Sometimes it's as early as 5 when she cries for breakfast and I begrudgingly drag myself to the crib and just pray she'll sleep-eat and I'll get a couple more hours. But there is no doubt about my day beginning when I look in that crib and see that gorgeous smile that just screams "Good morning Mommy!!" It's [almost] enough to make me completely forget how exhausted I am. It really is a remarkable smile - it might be the best one she gives all day. I think God gives her the smile as His way of cushioning the blow to my circadian rhythm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment