Monday, July 18, 2011

Babies Everywhere!/Jealously Doesn't Look Good on Me

Seriously, it seems like everybody around my age had a baby in the past year, or is about to have one. I swear, there are going to be a bunch of toddlers running around at my high-school reunion next year. Every other post on my Facebook news feed is about some newborn sleeping through the night at 3 weeks, or moms losing all the baby weight before even coming home from the hospital. Suddenly, I find myself wanting to defriend every new mother I know because I hate the temptation to compare my daughter's every movement to their perfect child, or even worse, to swell with pride at their imperfections. But I don't, and I won't, because once the jealousy subsides, I'm going to need their advice. Where can I find a great deal on diapers? How do you like your carseat? And for the love of God, how can I get her to sleep through the night!?

1 comment:

  1. Our graduating class got SUPER fertile over the course of this year. Which is funny because it seems like none of us got married at the same time. We were all kind of spread about as far as that went. Our biological clocks must all be set to the same beat.

    It was hard for me looking at other people's pictures at the beginning because I was so overwhelmed by the first 6 weeks I felt like my baby would NEVER grow to be as big as some of the other ones. Now he's 1 and I can't even believe he was ever as tiny as your little girl.

    Also - I cannot believe our 10 year reunion is next year?!??!?! WHAT? Where did those 10 years go?

    Have you heard anything about plans?

    ReplyDelete