The first couple weeks, I wasn’t much good to anybody, especially my newborn. My husband immediately took over every duty he could (while still laughing at the word “duty”). Even when I became human again, he still went out of his way to do every single thing he could. He cooks, he cleans, he wakes up in the middle of the night to change dirty diapers. He sings songs and makes faces. He is so patient and loving. He's hard-working and self-sacrificial. He has the best daddy’s voice and he can work magic when he paces the room while lulling her to sleep.
One thought ran over and over in my head since Daddy’s Girl joined our family - I cannot make it on my own, especially when I'm "Stuck". Sometimes I just need somebody, anybody else to help (cause I just really have to peeeeeee). But as I go back to work, I'm grateful that I don't have just anybody. I have Andrew. The best father in the world (especially in her eyes). I am now way more grateful for him than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment