Monday, July 18, 2011

I Love All My Children the Same/Kitties Need Love Too

Among the least helpful statements (see "Poop Stinks") made pre-baby was how much I'll ignore my cat. On the day I went to the hospital to deliver my Bundle of Joy, I posted a picture of my cat. Instead of people saying how cute she is, etc etc they commented on how that'll be the last picture I'll ever take of her. Wow, how optimistic and loving that sentiment is. Thank you for sharing. I actually still love my kitty very much. I missed her while I was in the hospital and couldn't wait for her to meet her new "sister". Do I love her on the same level as an actual human being who came out of me and shares my DNA? No, of course not. Do I love her as much as I ever have and try to shower her with the same amount of love and affection as I did before? You betcha. I still take pictures of her. Maybe not as many as my daughter, but Lane is kind of done growing so I don't need to "track" her development like my baby’s and well, nobody is demanding pictures of her.

2 comments:

  1. I remember holding the cat and crying the night before TIH was born.

    Sure, I love my baby a whole lot more, and yes my priorties have realigned a little bit (as they should), but I still love that silly little kitten face and I like cuddling him when he gives me the opportunity. He was my first baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marah is gone this week and it's lonely without her, especially when E is napping and Ryan is at work.

    ReplyDelete