They saw forgetfulness is a symptom of pregnancy - but not necessarily because of anything hormonal - simply because they have so much on their brain.
I'm getting some foreshadowing of that symptom.
This week, I've been at school every night long after the students have left. Conferences, lesson planning, field trips, grades, etc.
Not to mention grad school, youth ministry, my personal life, a backed up DVR (Idol started AND it's awards season)...
As I walk through the hallway yesterday simultaneously reading the book I'm planning on teaching next week - it hits me. I don't have time to worry about trying to get pregnant. I just don't have time to read through the pregnancy books and all that. There's just no room on the to-do list for "pregnancy", or even "preparing for pregnancy".
Then, today, I contemplated this as I, yet again, left school late - work unfinished - and realized that I can't NOT put this on my to-do list.
I don't know what's going to come off the list. I really don't. Grad school is almost done - I HAVE to finish. I can't slough off at school - it's not in my nature. TV is what I use to relax. Youth ministry is what keeps me real.
Since I can't figure out the time crunch myself, I'm just going to have to give it to God - the controller of time. He will help me organize my time. He will help me accomplish tasks faster. He will help me say no to what doesn't really need to get done. He will help me get a good night's sleep at night and energy during the day.
That's my prayer. That's my only hope for sanity in the next phase of my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment