Thank
you. You made memories that I can never forget. You went places I never thought
I’d get to go. You laughed about silly things. You had dance parties and
karaoke parties and TV show parties. You made cakes and cookies and koolaid
just to have something to share with others. You took way too many pictures in
an effort to capture every second. You went to weddings and graduations and
delighted with your friends. You went on family vacations so epic, you’ll talk
about them for years. You went to state fairs and zoos and baseball games and
concerts.
Thank
you. You extended my family. You said yes to the boy who made you laugh. You
chose to love him every day even when he drove you C.R.A.Z.Y. You prayed for
him. You encouraged him when he just wanted to give up. You bought Yoda
presents and listened to sports talk radio. You went on adventures together
simply because you could. You brought home a stray cat. You chose to raise a
family. You read every parenting book and blog. You simultaneously cut back on caffeine
and sleep. You gave birth to a baby girl and stressed every day about doing it
right. You played peek-a-boo and changed diapers and decided to do it all over
again. You put your toddler on your burgeoning belly in order to maintain your
bedtime routine of reading stories together. You gave birth to another girl and
showed me what it means to expand your heart.
Thank
you. You chose life. Every day, you chose abundant life. You went on crazy
adventures and followed your dreams. You made me grateful for my youth, my
health, and my relative wealth. Your tenacious hold on living life to the
fullest made me realize that age is just a way to measure the memories. You
made me excited to enter the next phase. I am forever in your debt.
Thank
you, and goodbye. It was really nice to know you. I hope my thirty-something self
is just as awesome.
What a great way to memorialize your twenties! Sounds like it was a fabulous decade!
ReplyDeleteBrandon Fields- NICE! My 20's were a little more boring, but I feel you on the wonder of the experience and the joy the memories. No regrets and lots of praising the Lord. Love this post. And I miss you and Andrew. You two always kept me young. I have always been in a hurry to get old and frankly I still am. What Good Friends! I'm so happy you guys have been apart of my 20's.
ReplyDelete